Saturday, February 15, 2014

Make a Notice Board - 2nd Project using February DT Kit - Joanne

Hi There - Joanne here again showing you how to make a Notice Board with a plain canvas and paper !

I have a weakness for Notice Boards - I just love them especially ones that are full of colour and texture - mixed with photos and memorabilia ! While I have seen many of them made with fabric - I decided to make mine with paper !


First I bought a plain canvas 30" x 20" - then I painted it with Gesso as I needed to stamp on it. Next I got two sheets of KaiserCraft Paper (Art of Life Collection) - cut them into pieces, distressed the sides of them and stuck them randomly onto the canvas - honestly it is so easy and so much fun !


I stamped some extra images onto the papers (Tim Holtz stamps) and then stamped the gaps using my KaiserCraft stamp (Rocks).  I loved this stamp so much - I bought the full range - they are amazing value !!!


Next I used all my Ranger Distress Inks - combining them in different ways - and because they work so well together - its impossible to make a mistake !


During the next stage I went though all my chipboard embellishments - bits of paper - prima flowers, Tim Holtz elements and just stuck them all down.


And finally I dyed some plain elastic with Glimmer Mist - sprayed onto a baby wipe - and stapled it onto the back of the canvas.  Added a few more elements - and there it is !!!  Can't wait to put it up and start adding to it !  So why not give it a try - you will be thrilled with the results !!


Thanks a million for looking .....Enjoy !

Joanne x
Design Team

Materials Used:

KaiserCraft Paper - Art of Life Collection 12 x 12;
Chipboard - Wycinanka - Photo film, Fullness of Summer;
Tim Holtz - Ideology Collection;
Ranger Distress Inks - Vintage photo, Black Soot, Firebrick, Broken China, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade;
Petaloo Butterfly
Glimmer Mist - Tattered Leather
Prima Flowers - Light Grey Flowers - Brown Flowers;
Chipboard buttons
KaiserCraft Stamps (Rocks) and Tim Holtz stamps;
Plain white elastic
Scraps of paper
Canvas - 30" x 20";



2 comments:

  1. So clever Joanne and a fabulous project , I love it . Love the way you used the inks totally inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, love how you altered the canvas. Great textures and colours.

    ReplyDelete