Thursday, July 10, 2014

Blooming girls- art tags by Sylwia

Hello Art Souls!!!
 
 
We are in the middle of summer:) I hope you have planned your holidays and you either read this post having cool coke by the pool somewhere in a hot hot place or... LIKE ME you read it on your computer at home enjoying your cup of coffee:) But it doesn't matter where you are, you still need to keep your creative mojo going!!!:)
 
Today I wanted to show you three different mixed media technique  for designing the background of the tag. I use the same stamp but as you can see the outcome is totally different.
 

 
I used really cool July mixed media kit from Cardz'n'Scrapz
  
 
To be able to paint on the tag, I gessoed it first. Than I decided to doodle colorul flowers using Acrylic Silks. They gave these beautiful watercolour look. I left the middle of the tag plain as I knew that there will be a girl's face. Than I used the Prima Bloom Girl Stamp. I decided to go in with a black ball pen to highlight outlines of the girl, what  gave her more sketchy look. I added Heidi Swapp Stickers  and I distressed the edges with a black inkpad.
 
 
 

 
 

 
In the second tag I used the stencils, Ink Spray by Ranger and Fabsraps Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray as a first layer. After that I used acrylic paint with a bubble wrap to add even more texture. I stamped the image and added some butterflies. When the tag dried, I added some lace and washi tape at the bottom. Than I added Heidi Swapp Stickers
 

 
 

 
My third art tag is a collage made of different papers. I stamped the girl on the book page. I colored it in with my beloved Faber Castell Gelatos and Pitt Brush Pens (my two favourite art supplies ever!!!)
 I also added some washi tape and the stickers.


 
 

  
 

 
I hope you enjoyed this project :)
 
Love,
 
Sylwia
xx


4 comments:

  1. boskie ! looove them so much, inspirational ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Sylwia ..sooo different and so creative x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love these, such happy tags, lovely cheerful colours x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colours in all of these and that image is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete